ARRI ALEXA SXT RENTAL - HIRE Arri ALEXA SXT Rental - Hire...
ARRI ALEXA XT
ARRI ALEXA XT HIRE - RENTAL
Arri Alexa XT rental - hire: The ARRI ALEXA XT (eXtended Technology) camera adds a significant number of improvements to the previous models of ARRI ALEXA cameras. It has de-Squeeze and Hi-Speed licenses, a Super 35 sensor with Open Gate and 4:3 sensor modes, 14+ stops (EI 160 to EI 3200), and the ALEXA SUP 11.0 software update with ProRes 3.2K. This camera is available for rental/hire in Camaleon Rental.
- Sensor: 35mm ARRI ALEV III CMOS (28.17x18.13)
- Mount: PL with LDS
- Resolution: Up to 3.2k
- Exposure Index: 800 base sensitivity
- Work Flow: ARRIRAW, ProRes or DNxHD
- Hi speed: Up to 120 fps in 16:9
- Weight: 7.9Kg
RENT ARRI ALEXA XT
ARRI ALEXA XT CAMERA HIRE - RENTAL
Why choose the Arri Alexa XT rental - hire camera for your film equipment?: The ARRI ALEXA XT camera is a small and affordable camera that offers exceptional image performance, efficient and versatile workflows, a simple and safe operating system, and an open future-proof architecture. It shares all its features with the ARRI ALEXA family, like a Super 35 sensor with Open Gate and 4:3 sensor modes, an in-camera ARRI RAW up to 120 fps, ProRes 4444 XQ, ProRes 3.2K, internal ND filters, Lens Data System, integrated CDL capture, ARRI RAW checksum, anamorphic de-squeeze and high-speed licenses, and a new viewfinder mounting bracket as well as a new super silent fan. The Arri Alexa XT camera is available for rental - hire in Camaleon Rental.
ARRI ALEXA XT CAMERA FEATURES:
- Record it all: Open Gate sensor mode. Using the full ARRI ALEXA sensor area, Open Gate mode is great for VFX shows, up-sampling to 4K, image repositioning, resizing, rotating or stabilizing. While some use it as their main recording format, others shoot in 16:9 or 4:3 and only certain scenes in Open Gate mode.
- True anamorphic with 4:3 sensor mode. Each ARRI ALEXA XT camera is equipped with an Open Gate sensor with the same size and shape as a Super 35mm film frame, which gives filming with anamorphic lenses the most effective use. The 4:3 sensor mode is crucial for delivering a cinematic widescreen look that emulates vintage CinemaScope films, this cinematographic essence has been really appreciated by cinematographers, by image esthetics professionals, and viewers. In ARRI ALEXA XT cameras, the de-squeeze license is included, which is convenient for the viewing of anamorphic images.
In the images below, the sensor area used for film shooting with anamorphic lenses is shown. Since an anamorphic lens squeezes the CinemaScope 2.39:1 image by a factor of 2, it needs a sensor area with a 1.195:1 aspect ratio. Film (colored in orange) and the ARRI ALEXA sensor (blue) are tall enough to easily accommodate (as you can see in the left image). Since film and the ARRI ALEXA sensor have almost the exact same dimensions, they exhibit the same angle of view for anamorphic lenses, which will be welcome news for cinematographers. Cutting the required 1.195:1 aspect ratio out of a 16:9 sensor (right image), results in a significantly smaller sensor area (grey area), which means fewer photodiodes and a different angle of view than the one cinematographers are used to.
- Space for VFX markers in a 4:3 sensor mode. When thinking about equipment rental/hire for your film project, if you are shooting with spherical lenses, you will find the 4:3 Arri Alexa XT camera sensor useful. It allows the placement of tracking markers below and above the image; this method is popular in VFX filmmaking. Another useful thing is that the extra room left in the frame can be used in post-production reframing.
- Faster, lighter and more affordable ARRI RAW rental - hire. The XR Module (eXtended Recording) is also available for rental/hire. It's a side panel that comes with all ALEXA XT cameras and has been co-developed with 'Codec' to replace the previous SxS Module. This device allows in-camera recording of uncompressed and unencrypted ARRI RAW (ALEXA's highest quality image output) all the way up to 120fps in full image quality. This simplifies setups and operations avoiding unnecessary wiring, it also makes the camera package smaller, lighter, and more affordable.
ARRI ALEXA XT cameras record ARRI RAW onto exceptionally fast and sturdy 512GB XR Capture Drives, including advanced and time-saving features such as capturing the ASC Color Decision Lists (CDL) and a checksum for each frame into metadata. Once removed from the camera, the XR Capture Drive offers a number of different paths to post-production. This Drive is flexible to any budget and time schedule demand, and it uses the well-known 'Codex' workflow. Ask us for rental/hire options.
- Powerful and Unique ProRes & DNxHD Options. It is also possible to capture ProRes or DNxHD in-camera as an alternative to ARRI RAW. ARRI ALEXA XT cameras provide two unique ProRes recording features: ProRes 4444 XQ (the highest quality ProRes codec), and ProRes 3.2K: the ideal recording resolution for an up-sample to 4K UHD or for extra room to resize, reframe, rotate or stabilize a 2K or HD image. Additionally, the XR Capture Drives allow ProRes 4444 that can be recorded for a total time of 107 minutes (at 24fps) and can be recorded as fast as 120fps, this offers significantly longer recording times and faster speeds.
Recording onto SxS PRO or SxS PRO+ cards is also possible: with the SxS Adapter, ProRes or DNxHD can be recorded to a single SxS PRO or SxS PRO+ card, thus protecting the inventory of existing cards. And with the C-Fast 2.0 Adapter, it is possible to record onto C-Fast 2.0 cards.
A high-speed license for filming up to 120fps in 16:9 and 96fps in 4:3 is included in all ALEXA XT cameras. Available for rental/hire in Camaleon Rental.
- High quality internal full-spectrum ND filters. The in-camera Filter Module IFM-1 offers neutral density (ND) filters for the first time, ideal to maintain a neutral color balance at all densities.
- More efficient VFX through lens metadata. All ALEXA XT camera models for rental/ hire are equipped with an LDS lens mount. They also insert metadata into all recording and output devices in any format, which is really useful on set and useful for a fast VFX post-production workflow. This metadata is used by the Wireless Compact Unit WCU-4 for an easy-to-use graphical lens display. At the same time, the HD-SDI image carries streaming lens metadata (as raw encoder pulses and as interpreted lens data) which can be displayed on some monitors or used for real-time virtual set applications.
Compositing in post-production is much easier through the use of lens metadata carried inside the ARRI RAW, ProRes or DNxHD files. The lens metadata allows to automatically match the computer graphic images to the images filmed with real lenses, a process that used to take a long time in retouch.
Over 42 ARRI lens models have built-in LDS, including the "ARRI/Zeiss Master Anamorphic" set, "ARRI/Zeiss Master Primes", the "ARRI/Zeiss Master" Macro 100 lens, "ARRI/Zeiss LDS Ultra Primes", the ARRI Ultra Wide Zoom UWZ 9.5-18 lens, the ARRI/Zeiss Master Zoom 16.5-110, "ARRI/Fujinon Alura Lightweight Zoom 15.5-45" and the ARRI/Fujinon Alura Lightweight Zoom 30-80. The ARRI LDS also includes support for the Cooke/i lens system. With other lenses, it is possible to gather lens metadata by using an ARRI lens motor and a lens scale stored in camera (Lens Data Archive). Lens and camera kits are available for rental/hire.
- Super Silent ALEXA XT Fan. A new super quiet fan has been incorporated into the ALEXA XT camera, its even more silent than the ones in the rest of the ALEXA cameras, which are already among the quietest digital cameras in the rental/hire market.
- If you are looking for the rental/hire of a camera that gives excellent Image Quality: The ALEXA sensor provides high dynamic range images and exposure latitude of more than 14 stops (as measured with the ARRI Dynamic Range Test Chart). ALEXA's wide exposure latitude translates into a 'thick' digital negative; there is more detailed information in the highlight points and dark areas than in any of the current display technologic devices, which can be translated into great flexibility when color grading. This makes ALEXA's images future-proof for high dynamic range (HDR) display technologies.
Because of ALEXA's great overall image quality, filmed images can easily go up or down-sampled for spectacular HD, 2K, 4k UHD, or Cinema 4K. This is very important when planning your camera rental/hire.
ALEXA's high sensitivity and its ability to retain definition, even in extremely under or overexposed situations, makes it a very easy camera to work with. ALEXA renders natural colors, gives great-looking skin tones, and shows great color separation. It also has a fantastic way of resolving mixed color temperature sources.
- Simple and Safe Camera Operating rental - hire. Cameras need to be very simple to operate, and everything about its design must ensure that you get a good image, no matter what. The ALEXA 'user' interface is easy to learn and quick to operate. It has the same menu, same buttons, etc... as all the ALEXA cameras have, so there are no surprises when using a different ALEXA camera model. The hardware of the camera has been designed for better and more ergonomic use of it on the set; it includes a built-in shoulder support piece and a large number of accessories: like the Low Mode Support LMS-3, the Remote Control Unit RCU-4, or the Wireless Compact Unit WCU-4. It even has new little details, like differently shaped carvings above some of the outside buttons for the camera operator, so it's possible to feel the button's position even from the other side of the camera, or when you can't see them because of exterior low light. It's the ideal equipment rental/hire option.
- ALEXA camera Electronic Viewfinder EVF-1 rental - hire. This viewfinder is available for rental/hire, and it was specifically designed to meet the needs of professional camera operators by offering an image display with an extreme low latency, high image quality, accurate color reproduction, and a number of features inherited from other optical viewfinders.
The EVF-1 has an extremely fast image display, made possible by creating a high-speed connector between the viewfinder and the camera, as well as a shared image processing architecture that maximizes the processing power of both camera and viewfinder. The EVF-1 image exhibits high resolution, high contrast, low distortion and an evenly illuminated viewing area. Perfect for rental/hire and to use with the ARRI Alexa XT camera.
It has also been specifically designed to fit the ergonomic needs of the camera operator, even if you are using a matte box on a short prime lens, the compact dimensions of the viewfinder guarantees the eyepiece can be adjusted to a comfortable position for shoulder camera operating.
Other options included for the operation of the assistive displays in the viewfinder are: preset and custom frame lines, user rectangles, surround view, camera status, false color exposure check, peaking focus check, a feature to compare stored image with live image, RETURN IN video and an optional anamorphic de-squeezer (license key required on some ALEXA Classic cameras).
The Arri Alexa XT is compatible with the Arri Alexa Mini camera, this makes these cameras a great option for any film shooting hire if you need aerial, underwater or stabilized shots. The ability to shoot in Raw and 4:3 with both cameras is a very versatile hire feature for the new Alexa cameras generation.
- The Arri Alexa XT camera offers two independent HD-SDI outputs. The released ALEXA SUP 11.0 software update includes ProRes 3.2K filming and the ARRI Debayer Algorithm ADA-5, which represents an improvement in image quality. This is especially noticeable in small, high-contrast details; for example, thin branches against a blue sky will look smoother and have cleaner edges. ADA-5 also reduces noise in red and blue channels, making chroma key VFX compositing even easier.
The SUP 11.0 software for all ALEXA models includes improved web remote functionality, refined user buttons, and the ability to save frame line and time zone information within the camera metadata.
The Arri Alexa XT camera is the perfect option for your film equipment rental/hire, ask us any questions you may have on your film equipment hire process, in Camaleon Rental we will be happy to help you.