COOKE S4 RENTAL Cooke S4 rental/hire lenses. Cooke S4 hire...
COOKE S4i RENTAL
Cooke S4i rental/hire lenses. The Cooke S4i T2 lenses offer excellent mechanical and optical performance, flare control, distortion, veiling glare and spherical aberrations at full aperture. All Cooke lenses are now equipped with /i technology, a feature that provides lens information to the camera via a cable connected to the lens output. The focus ring has a special built for extra smooth focus racks, while their modular constitution makes maintenance easier. There are 18 lenses available in the S4i series.
- S4i basic set: 18-25-35-50-75mm-100mm
- Extra lenses: 12-14-27-40-65-180mm
- Mount: PL (LDS)
- Aperture: T2 | T22
- Focus ring Rotation: 270º | 300º
- S4i front diameter : 110mm
- Sensor coverage: Super
- Weight: 1,5 - 4,7kg
Rent Cooke S4i Lenses Set
Cooke S4i Lenses Hire
- After almost half a century from their first release, the Cooke S2 and S3 were still very appreciated by cinematographers and directors because of their unique look. In 1998, when Cooke manufacturers gave us the new S4 kit, these lenses rapidly became an industry standard due to the color warmth, soft definition and low contrast they gave. Other key features of the s4 lenses are: great color delivery and outstanding on skin tones. The Cooke S4i are the second generation of s4 lenses, and they feature the i-Technology lens data system that gives the director of photography, camera operators and focus pullers crucial info about lens settings, such as focus distance, iris aperture, depth of field, hyper-focal distance, lens serial number, focal length and owner information.
- The S4i T2 rental/hire lenses deliver optimal performance, both mechanically and optically, together with an outstanding flare and optical aberration control when wide open. The focus ring has a special built for extra smooth focus racks, while their modular constitution makes maintenance easier. There are 18 lenses available in the S4i series, covering a range between 12 and 300mm, with an average weight of 1.8 kg. Color wise, they perfectly match with Cooke zooms 18-100mm T3, 25-250mm T3.7, 15-40mm T2.0 CXX and the super16 S4.
Cooke S4I Awards:
1998 S4/i Technology Logo Lens Awards
1998 'Cinec' Award for Technical Excellence, Germany
1999 Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Scientific and Engineering Award for Optical and Mechanical Design
2000 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development
2001 Two Queen's Awards for Enterprise - International Trade and Innovation, England
2001 Winner, Exporter of the Year, 2001 International Business Award, Export Times and Trade Partners UK
2001 Winner, Product Innovation, 2001 International Business Award, Export Times and Trade Partners UK
2007 NAB2007 Premiere Product Award – S4i System
Why rent Cooke S4i Lenses?
The Cooke S4i Look
- From its inception, the English lens house Cooke recognized the need to design, manufacture and calibrate lenses that produce a film image that, when projected, appears warm and natural. The Cooke S4i series of lenses maintains a consistent chromatic balance between focal lengths, ensuring that each of its lenses has exactly the same color and therefore a perfect result when mixing shots in post production.
- Cooke S4i spherical lenses can also be used with the Zoom Angenieux Optimo lens due to the similarity in both color and contrast that they offer. It is an option widely used in feature films and fiction series: The Road (photographed by Javier Aguirresarobe) or Game of Thrones use this lens configuration.
65mm S4i Soft Effects
The English optical house Cooke has a 65mm Soft Effects accessory for this set of S4i lenses, it is made for the Cooke S4i 65mm and S4/i 75mm lenses. The fixture's design is based on a PS945 soft focus lens for 4x5 large format photography. The 65mm S4i Soft Effects effect is high resolution with a dazzling glare to the peripheral points of the lens, most pronounced at open T2 apertures, becoming less pronounced as the aperture is closed (from T2 to T4 with the 65mm lens and T2 to T5.6 with the 75mm lens).
- S4i Technical specifications