OCONNOR 1030D RENTAL OConnor Ultimate 1030D and 1030Ds...
OCONNOR 2560 RENTAL
Oconnor 2560 Fluid Head hire. The Oconnor Ultimate 2560 fluid head package is designed for use with the current crop of digital cinema cameras. Weighing less than 8.164kg. The Oconnor 2560 fluid head is capable of supporting camera loads up to 30kg. Making it ideal for cameras such as ARRI Alexa in a handheld configuration or any lightweight digital cinema camera in a full studio configuration. Features OConnor's patented sinusoidal counterbalance system for precise balance at any point in the tilt range. Combined with smooth, step-free pan and tilt fluid drag, the Oconnor 2560 fluid head offers control and stability for digital cinema operators.
- Max Load 30kg
- Mitchell Base
- Ball Base Adapter
- Sinusoidal counterbalance system
- Smooth tilt with no steps
OCONNOR 2560 HIRE
RENT OCONNOR 2560 FLUID HEAD
Oconnor 2560 Rental. The Oconnor 2560 fluid head rental is designed for film and commercial style shoots, the fluid head design offers standard positioning of film controls, including brakes and rosettes, for easy and intuitive use.
The Oconnor 2560 fluid head rental also features OConnor's patented sinusoidal counterbalance system for precise balance at any point in the tilt range. Combined with the smooth, step-free pan and tilt fluid drag, the Oconnor 2560 fluid head for rent offers control and stability for digital cinema operators.
OConnor introduces 2575D little brother… the 2560, ideal for digital cinematography setups. For example, a camera like Alexa 35 in a handheld configuration or an "extreme" studio setup for any lightweight digital cinema camera (from Sony, Canon, ARRI, AJA, JVC, Panasonic, Vision Research, RED). Since the early 1990s, nearly every Hollywood film and television show has featured an OConnor Ultimate head, and since 1949, OConnor heads have been widely used in the industry. Designed for "film style" shots, the new design offers standard control positions, including brakes and rosettes, that are simple and intuitive to use.
The 2560 fluid head rental also includes OConnor's patented sinusoidal balancing system for true, accurate balance at any point in the tilt range. Combined with the company's fluid, ultra-smooth, continuous pan and tilt resistance, the 2560 rental delivers the control and stability OConnor has known for more than 60 years. "No matter what type of camera our users need, digital or film, the Ultimate 2560 meets their needs without compromising performance," said Stephen Turner, OConnor Product Manager. "With many of the same features as our flagship 2575D head, the 2560 rental offers the quality and reliability that are synonymous with OConnor in a smaller, lighter form factor. Whether you are looking to add an increasing amount of accessories, gain greater flexibility, or support future camera systems, the 2560 rental offers the digital cinematographer a perfectly balanced solution.
The Ultimate 2560 fluid head is constructed of lightweight magnesium to deliver the highest performance and best power-to-weight ratio in its class. Weighing less than 18 pounds (8.16 kg), the 2560 rental can handle camera loads up to 66 pounds (29.94 kg) with a center of gravity 6 inches (0.15 m) above the platform. In addition, each head has a carbon fiber outer sheet for added rigidity and maximum durability in extreme conditions. As camera technology continues to rapidly evolve, the new OConnor 2560 hydraulic rental head is one of several products the company has introduced to meet the changing needs of filmmakers and operators.
Ball and Mitchell Base Oconnor 2560
The Oconnor 2560 Fluid head rental comes equipped with a Mitchell base and 150 mm ball base adapters, so it can be used with both configurations. It also features a European-style quick release for fast mounting and dismounting of large camera equipment.
* Oconnor 2560 Fluid head rental includes High, Low and Ronford Cup tripods.
Leveling the 2560 fluid head
After securely mounting the 2560 rental head on the tripod, center the bubble level to adjust the level. If necessary, in low light conditions, press the bubble illumination button (the light will stay on for 20 seconds). And press the button again within 20 seconds to turn the light off.
Spherical base: Loosen the base clamp. Move the fluid head to center the level bubble. Tighten the cuvette clamp and recheck the level.
Mitchell Base: Leveling is achieved by adjusting the tripod legs until the level bubble is centered.
Balancing Oconnor 2560 head
Ensure that the Oconnor 2560 fluid head rental is level before balancing. The camera and payload should be positioned on the head so that the load is balanced. This can be achieved by moving the camera forward or backward on the stand.
- Turn the counterweight crank on the 2560 head on rental to adjust the counterweight to 50%.
- Set the tilt fluid drag adjustment knob to 0.
- Depending on the weight of the payload, it may be necessary to increase or decrease this adjustment to properly balance the payload forward and backward.
- Hold and stabilize the camera, then disengage the tilt lock and observe how it moves and where it stops.
- If the camera support stops in the horizontal position (camera pointing straight ahead), the balance is correct.
- Reposition the camera in the head as necessary and lock it into position. Horizontal balance is correct when the camera bracket stops in the horizontal position.
- If movement of the Oconnor 2560 sliding plate in rental is insufficient to achieve balance, remove the camera and plate from the head, reposition the mounting plate on the camera in the required position, remount the camera and plate, and repeat the balancing procedure. If the camera tilts backwards (points upwards), it should be moved to the front of the head. If the camera tilts forward (downward), it should be moved to the rear of the head.
Oconnor 2560 Features
- Oconnor 2560 rental Supports up to 66 lbs. at 6" center of gravity above the platform.
- Magnesium frame and carbon fiber shell keep weight under 18 lbs.
- Standard cinema controls placement, including brakes and rosettes.
- Oconnor rental sinusoidal counterbalance system.
- Smooth pan and tilt drag with no step-up.
- Mitchell base and 150 mm spherical base adapter with tie-downs.
- European style quick release.
- Panning handle with extension.