RED RANGER HELIUM 8K S35
RANGER HELIUM 8K
Red Ranger Helium 8k S35 camera rental/hire: The Red Ranger Helium 8K s35 rental/hire camera is the newest RED compact camera design. With a super 35mm sensor and an 8K resolution, it has a less modular body than the new DSMC2 camera versions, just like its big sister: the Red Ranger Monstro. RED decided to put a more robust camera out on the market for determined film projects. This rental/hire camera has a CMOS 35.4 megapixel sensor with a 8192x4320 max. resolution. The sensor is 4096x21.60mm (46.31mm diagonal), with a native 800 ISO. DSMC2 Red Ranger Helium 8K s35 camera rental/hire in Camaleon Rental.
- Resolution: 8K
- Formats: REDCode / Apple ProRes / AVID
- Hight Speed: up to 60 fps in 8K
- Mount: PL / EF
- Wight: 3,4 kg
- Format: Full frame
- Native ISO: 800
RED RANGER HELIUM
Red Ranger Helium rental/hire. It's a DSMC2 Ranger Helium camera with an 8K sensor, and thanks to its compact body built you don't need to add any other modules, as with other Red DSMC2 camera versions. The RED Ranger Helium 8K s35 rental/hire camera offers the exact same resolutions, recording modes, codecs, image quality, fps and latitude as the DSMC2 Monstro 8K.
The Ranger Helium 8K s35 rental/hire camera uses the same image compression mode than the new Panavision Millenium DXL2. Both cameras have a 17stop dynamic range. The Red Ranger Helium has an 8K resolution and image quality, a CMOS 35.4 megapixel sensor, a maximum 8192x4320 resolution, a 40.96x21.60mm sized sensor (46.31mm diagonal), and a native 800 ISO. In order to understand the Red Ranger Helium performance, you only have to know its differences and similarities with the DSMC2 Monstro 8K rental/hire camera.
THE NON-MODULAR HELIUM DESIGN
All Red DSMC2 cameras offer interchangeable sensors and accessories. This time, the Red Ranger Helium 8K s35 only comes with its fix original Helium 8k sensor, an extension plate (similar to the "production module" one) and a sidekick. This way, you can't take out the sidekick or change the rear plate from the Ranger Helium, but you can choose the module accessories to combine it with.
Today, there are three available modules in the market: the Production Module, the I/O Expander and the Jetpack module. The last two are lighter than the first, but they don't have as much video and power supply outputs or audio inputs as the Production Module. The Red Ranger Helium 8K s35 rental/hire camera has the same connections the Production Module has, but with two 12V outputs instead of one, and one XLR audio input instead of two.
The sidekick allows controlling the Helium configuration adding 100g to the camera's original weight, but with it, you won't need the Red Touch screen to change any parameter.
JUST FOR RENTAL/HIRE
The fact that the Ranger Helium has a non-modular body can be understood under these premises: anyone who purchases an 8K camera, feels safer knowing they have a camera with a low risk of becoming obsolete in a short period of time. If you have a modular camera, you can just change the obsolete part when a new version comes up, and keep the original body.
Some users and film producers find themselves stuck with their outdated non-modular cameras until they pay off, even when they don't have the same features the newer camera models have.
This said, the non-modular Ranger Helium 8K s35 is only available for its rental/hire, so neither users or producers have to worry about that.
So, until the Ranger Helium is withdrawn from film rental/hire houses, its presence has the same value as any other rental/hire camera.
The Ranger Helium hire camera has been built with all the best performance features to maintain itself in the market for as long as possible.
DSMC2 Ranger Helium 8k s35 connections:
- CTRL (Tally OUT / RS-232 Rx and Tx) (4 pin 00)
- USB power supply output (type A), 1.5A
- Peripheral power output (2 pin 0B), 3.0A
- Peripheral power output (2 pin P-Tap), 3.0A
- DC IN (6 pin 1B source)
- Genlock input (75 Ω BNC)
- Gigabit Ethernet in and output (9 pin 0B)
- Two 3G-SDI outputs (75 Ω BNC), max. 60Hz frame speed
- Monitor output (75 Ω BNC), max. 60Hz frame speed
- 2 peripheral power outputs: 24V / start / remote stop (3 pin Fischer), shared 2.5A
- 2 balanced audio inputs (3 pin, full size female XLR)
- 3 pin XLR uncompressed with preamplifiers, 24bits, 48KHz
- Helium input formats: balanced signal, balanced mic (without phantom), balanced mic (with 48V phantom).
- Stereo headphones output (with a 3.5mm connector)
- Timecode (5 pin 0B)
Similar to Helium rental/hire cameras:
- Red Raven 4.5k
- Komodo 6k
- DSMC2 Weapon Monstro 8k VV
- Epic X
- DSMC2 Epic W Helium 8k
- DSMC2 Epic W Gemini 5k
- Scarlet W
We offer camera service discounts with the rental/hire of the Ranger Helium 8K s35 camera:
- Rental/hire services with Camera Car MOTO-CRANE ULTRA
- Rental/hire services with MOVI stabilizer rig
- Rental/hire services with STEADI-CAM stabilizer rig
- Studio rental/hire
- Light equipment rental/hire
- Grip rental/hire services with Scorpio 23" telescopic crane