PHANTOM FLEX 4K
PHANTOM FLEX 4K RENTAL
Phantom Flex 4K rental/hire. The Flex 4K camera is capable of recording super slow motion: 1000fps in a 4K resolution. It has a PL mount and professional peripheral accessories. This camera provides super high speed images: 938fps in 4K and 1977fps in 2K. Its frame rate speed goes from 15fps to 2949fps. It's essential to hire a Phantom Flex 4K specialist when you rent this kind of camera. The rental/hire of this camera is available in Camaleon Rental.
- Sensor: 35mm Phantom flex (27.7 x 15.5mm).
- Resolution: up to 4K (4096x2304).
- RAM: 128Gb.
- High Speed: up to 2000 fps (Full HD) / 3000 (HD).
- Sensitivity: from 250ISO to 2000ISO (recommended: between 400 and 600ISO).
- Latitude: 12+ stops.
- Weight: 6.3kg.
- Mount: PL / EF / Nikon F.
PHANTOM FLEX 4K HIRE
Phantom Flex 4K rental/hire. The super high speed Flex 4K rental/hire camera is the latest 'Vision Research' creation.
Vision Research first steps in the film industry were in 2007, with the launching of the Phantom HD camera, that records 1000fps in a 2K resolution. Since then, they have evolved in their film camera's series, and finally, they brought us the Flex 4K. The rental/hire of this camera is available in Camaleon Rental.
Phantom Flex 4K Camera rental/hire
The Flex 4K rental/hire camera provides super high speed images: up to 938fps in a 4K resolution and 1977fps in 2K. Its frame rate speed goes from 15fps to 2949fps (1280x720), therefore, it can also record in standard speeds: 24 fps, 25 fps, 30 fps, etc... Recording audio is also possible when using a Mini-BOB adaptor.
The Phantom Flex 4K rental/hire camera captures a lot of detail each second, which means the camera has an advanced data transmission and workflow technology. To support this, Vision Research has incorporated the new Phantom CineMag IV cards, available in a 1T and 2T capacity.
The Flex 4K camera allows two different recording formats: Cine Raw (up to 4K) and Apple ProRes 422 HQ (up to 4K). The possibility of dual recording, saving both kind of files, is also there: when choosing this option, Cine Raw will always be 4K and in ProRes 422HQ, you could select 2K or 4K.
The Phantom Flex 4K rental/hire camera has two recording modalities:
Loop: a loop recording mode. When you press the Trigger button, the camera constantly registers images in its RAM memory and saves the ones that happen just before pressing the Trigger button again. This data loads in the Phantom CineMag IV memory card.
The loop's length depends on two factors: the camera's RAM memory and the selected recording speed. There are three Phantom Flex 4K camera models differenced by their RAM memory: 32Gb, 64Gb and 128Gb. So, the more RAM memory, the more seconds the loop can last.
Rec/Stop: This mode allows recording for a longer time but with less fps. The images are saved directly in the camera's CineMag memory. You could save rec/stop images in CineMag IV 2T cards up to 120fps, and up to 90fps in 1T cards. This function works similar to most cameras: you press REC to start the image capture and then press it again to finalize the shot.
The Phantom Flex 4K rental/hire camera's sensor is a 9.4 pixel CMOS Super 35mm (31,7mm diagonal). This sensor has two modalities: 4K and 2K. When working in 4K mode, the sensor becomes a 27,6mm x 15,5mm (Super-35mm) sized shape, while 2K mode reduces the sensor size to 13,8mm x 7,29mm (Super-16mm). It allows 2.0x anamorphic recording in a 2752 x 2304 resolution, and the HDSDI outputs show a "deanamorphisized" 2x and 1.3x image.
With the Phantom flex 4K camera, you'll obtain a very clear low noise image with 12 dynamic range stops. It has an ultra fast built-in rolling shutter you can set to a 1º till a 360º obturation angle. Its ISO range goes from 250 to 1250. Flex 4K manufacturers recommend using ISO values between 800 and 1000ISO.
To download and transcode archives you'll need a specific software: 'Glue Tools' for MAC and 'Phantom PCC' for Windows.
We'll be happy to solve any doubt about this rental/hire camera in Camaleon Rental.
When talking about image look and color, the Flex 4K rental/hire camera has different settings: color matrix, tone curve, saturation, etc... These settings are saved as metadata when using CineRaw files, if the files are ProRes the settings will apply directly.
The Flex 4K rental/hire camera has three video HDSDI outputs you can configure independently in 1080p, or use two of them together to output UHD (4K) signal when you are using an accessory that needs dual-link. You can monitor the signal in Rec 709 or in logarithmic curve.
The Phantom Flex 4K rental/hire camera offers a fast shot replay. You could choose the start and end point of the video you need to visualize on set.
Included in the rental/hire camera package:
- Phantom Flex 4K camera body
- Phantom camera Viewfinder
- PL camera mount
- 2 camera RCU Batteries
- An Onboard TvLogic Monitor
- 1 power supply cable
- 1 V-Lock Battery plate
- 4 OnBoard Batteries + Charger
- Two 1TB discs
- Cinestation + Mac Pro
- BNC cables
- Ethernet cables / Phantom remote shooting cable
- ARRI 19mm BP/ Base Plate / 19mm support bars
- Sensor: 27,6mm x 15,5mm CMOS Super-35mm
- Resolution: 4K (4096 x 2304)
- Recording formats: Cine Raw | Apple Prores 422 HQ
- Sensitivity: 250 | 1250
- Max. FPS: 2932 (720p)
- Mount: PL
- Weight: 5,9Kg
- Dimensions: 292 x 140 x 200 mm
- Phantom CineMag IV 1TB
- Phantom CineMag IV 2TB
Formats | Resolution:
Cine Raw Mode 4K (35mm):
- 4k | 4096 x 2304 | Native 16:9
- 4k | 4096 x 2160 | Navite DCI
- 4k | 4096 x 2216 | Native 1.85:1
- 4k | 4096 x 1712 | Native 2.39:1
- 4k UHD | 3840 x 2160 | Overscan 16:9
- 4k UHD | 3840 x 2160 | Cropped 16:9
- 2.7k | 2752 x 2304 | ANA 2x
- HD | 1920 x 1080 | Scaled 16:9
Cine Raw Mode 2K:
- 2k | 2048 x 1536 | Native 4:3
- 2k | 2048 x 1152 | Native 16:9
- 2k | 2048 x 1080 | Native DCI
- HD | 1920 x 1080 | Overscan 16:9
- HD | 1920 x 1080 | Crop 16:9
- SD | 1280 x 720 | Crop 16:9
Apple Prores 422 HQ:
- 4K | 4096 x 2304 | 16:9
- 2K | 2048 x 1152 | 16:9
Resolution | Sensor Size (diagonal) :
- 4096 x 2304 (16:9) | 31,7mm
- 4096 x 2216 (1.85:1) | 31,3mm
- 4096 x 2160 (DCI 4k) | 31,2mm
- 4096 x 1712 (2.39:1) | 29,9mm
- 3840 x 2160 ( 4k UHD 16:9) | 29,7mm
- 27522 x 2304 (Ana 2x) | 24,4mm
- 2048 x 1080 (DCI 2k) | 15,6mm
- 2048 x 1536 (4:3) | 14,8mm
- 1920 x 1080 (16:9) | 14,8mm
- 1280 x 720 (16:9) | 9,9mm
Resolution | FPS | Loop Mode:
- 4k (4096 x 2304) | 930 fps | 5.22 sec.
- 4k (4096 x 2160) | 990 fps | 5.18 sec.
- 4k (4096 x 1712) | 1250 fps | 5.23 sec.
- 4k UHD (3840 x 2160) | 990 fps | 5.58 sec.
- 2.7k ANA (2752 x 2304) | 930 fps | 7.77 sec.
- HD (1920 x 1080) | 1960 fps | 23.58 sec.
- SD (1280 x 720) | 2940 fps | 16.91 sec.
Estimate made by Vision Research's Recording Data Calculator for the Phantom Flex 4K (64Gb) Cine RAW 12-bit.
Resolution | Fps (REC/STOP mode):
- 4k (4096 x 2304) | 109 fps
- 4k (4096 x 2160) | 116 fps
- 4k (4096 x 1712) | 146 fps
- 4k UHD (3840 x 2160) | 116 fps
- 2.7k ANA (2752 x 2304) | 109 fps
- HD (1920 x 1080) | 460 fps
- SD (1280 x 720) | 695 fps
Estimate made by Vision Research's Recording Data Calculator for the Phantom Flex 4K with CineMag 2TB Cine RAW 12-bit.
- 1x 3-pin 24V input (+14-28vdc) V-Mount Battery
- 1x 2-pin Lemo,
- 1x 4-pin Hirose for monitor
- 2x 3-pin Fischer w/ R/S
These are some specs. about the 4K rental/hire camera, available for rental/hire in Camaleon Rental.
Video of the rental/hire Flex 4K camera (the rental/hire of this camera is available in Camaleon Rental).